Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 2 of Lap Band Pre-Op liquid diet

I am beginning my lap-band journey in less than 2 weeks. In order to be "banded" I must do a pre-op liquid diet for 2 weeks. I am day 2 of my liquid diet and I must say it has not been easy. It's not really the hunger but rather the gas problem. I am drinking a RTD Myoplex Lite and it contains milk. I am not a normal milk drinker and I think over the years have developed a lactose intolerance. I believe this may be the source of my upset stomach and gas feeling.

There isn't a whole lot I can do to avoid this problem since I must do the pre-op diet and have only a few limited choices on my protein selection. Solution, suck it up and deal. And take a lot of gas-x & beano.

I have also been eating a pound of carrots to help carb the hunger. I snack on the carrots while at work and that helps minimize my cravings. But boy when I get home do the cravings kick in and I go crazy. I think about how much I want to eat and sneak something. It won't hurt anything if I have one little cookie. So I am trying to think about shrinking my liver and how I don't want to get on the table and they can't operate because I didn't shrink my liver enough.

Then I also try and think about how much pre-op weight I can lose. I am aiming for 20 lbs but I don't know if that is really possible. I am going to try and start back doing the eliptical tomorrow morning in order to kick start the weight loss.

I also have to do my upper gi tomorrow and after reading what this entails, I am scared of the stuff I have to drink prior. I don't know what will be worse the protein shake or the barium I have to drink for the upper gi. Or is it a tie?

Am I making the right decision to go through with this? Will it all be worth it? I can't wait for tomorrow to be over because I am so nervous for this test tomorrow. It doesn't sound pleasant. Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing. And I wish I didn't know that I had to drink barium, as I might sleep better tonight.

I guess I should finish my last protein shake and drink some water because it may be awhile before I am able to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment